Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tweak ?

Tweak ? 1 year 11 months ago #469

• Hardcode
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

SnakekillerX wrote: modifying in their ini's and how that crap was even able to circumvent TOST.

In this case the "crap" isn't the ini's tweak, but rather TOST.

Basically with your INI you can tweak your whole client "engine", as sound, graphic... and as far the game provides the ini in which EVERYONE can change settings, will be hard to call it "unfair".

And just for that, there's still a lot of players playing with the ambientsound off, soundvolume over the max, ownfootsteps disabled... like if they stand next their enemies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tweak ? 1 year 11 months ago #470

So everyone can download the cheat helios hook, so its not unfair ?? Your logic is very strange..

Sound modifiate, frames rates, ping value and others its totaly unfair and not legal .

Like on 3.50 you played vs PL and GER players , that totaly insane , i remember they are totaly untouchable.. as some poeple on ctf server

Its a good idea to protect the ini files for tacops 4 , like we are equals

Tweak ? 1 year 11 months ago #471

• Hardcode
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

GoDziL.0mW wrote: So everyone can download the cheat helios hook, so its not unfair ?? Your logic is very strange..

You're making absolutely no sense. HelioS-Hook? How does that correlate to the fact of modifying an ini. You don't know what an external hack is, don't you? So stop loading your points, no one said anything about hacks nor cheats. Get your facts straight and dont get shit twisted. Read and comprehend.

GoDziL.0mW wrote: Sound modifiate, frames rates, ping value and others its totaly unfair and not legal .

Not at all.
Everything you just said can be done in game through the options, so I don't know what you're talking about.

GoDziL.0mW wrote: Its a good idea to protect the ini files for tacops 4 , like we are equals

I'm not defending the fact of using tweaks, just explaining it to ppl like you.

Tweak ? 1 year 11 months ago #477

"Basically with your INI you can tweak your whole client "engine", as sound, graphic... and as far the game provides the ini in which EVERYONE can change settings, will be hard to call it "unfair"."

its not my opinion sorry guys .

Tweak ? 1 year 11 months ago #480

I believe he is simply explaining that people CAN do these things, not that they should.
And perhaps that some setting changes aren't exactly considered cheating (like turning off music to better hear footsteps), just preferences, but changing some settings could get out of hand to the point of having an advantage.

It isn't the same as using a bot, though and because of this TOST can't really do anything about that edited ini file other than let it slide.
Given that information it is nice to know there will be less of these shenanigans when TO4 is released.

Last Edit: by SnakekillerX.

Tweak ? 1 year 11 months ago #497

• Roach
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
TOST actually did/does prevent certain ini tweaks like:
- clear water / no water surface texture
- completely white walls
- lagging on purpose via specific console commands bound to a key
Just to name a few. The things that still work just weren't seen as cheating/illegal by the TOST team. TOST can control/disable everything in the inis.

Last Edit: by Roach. Reason: typo
Moderators: DarkSoeOj
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds
Don't have an account yet? Register Now!

Sign in to your account