Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I am not a bot.

I am not a bot. 1 year 11 months ago #465

I've had a number of times where I go to reply to a post, or even make a thread.. just to find out later that it didn't actually post anything.
Then I remember that I forgot to hit the captcha to prove I'm not a bot.

It seems odd that the forum keeps requesting this of you, is there a certain point where this will stop? (like after you post a certain number of messages, or have been around for X amount of time?) Just hoping that I won't have to do it forever as it seems strange as no other forum I've used works this way.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

I am not a bot. 1 year 11 months ago #466

Of course, I didn't have to do it on that last message, (nor this one) just to prove me wrong. I don't know why though, every other message including one I posted 5 minutes ago made me do it... lol

I am not a bot. 1 year 11 months ago #468

Hi SnakekillerX,

we could change that for sure, but there were a lot of spambots registered some weeks ago and this is a good way to make it a catchier target for spammers.

:D And yes, after you reached the limit of (actually) 5 posts you will not be challenged by captcha anymore. What a coincidence :)
The following user(s) like this: Ssswing`, SnakekillerX, chr

Last Edit: by KaME.

I am not a bot. 1 year 11 months ago #472

I think a 5 post restriction the way it is now is actually fair, maybe some kind of counter (or just a simple note) could be provided to people showing how close they are to removing captcha restricting just so people are more aware. :)

Anyway, this can be closed, thanks for the quick answer.

Last Edit: by SnakekillerX.
  • Page:
Moderators: DarkSoeOj
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds
Don't have an account yet? Register Now!

Sign in to your account