Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ideas and Suggestions for TO4

Ideas and Suggestions for TO4 1 year 2 months ago #680

• Alex
  • Alex's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Ideas and Suggestions for TO4

I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread where people can share ideas and suggestions for TO4.

I'll start by saying that I hope TO4 doesn't make the same mistake TO made in regards to versions and server handling. When new versions of TO came out, it split the community up more and more meaning there was less activity on the version you were using.

Another problem with TO was that sometimes you would create a multiplayer game and check 'Advertise this server', and your server would never show up in the list of servers in the game, and hence no one would join. Also, I think 'Advertise' should be checked by default.

Finally, another thing I hated about TO was that due to me living in Australia (despite having fast internet), my ping was almost always 300+ on most servers, and I would have to aim in front of the moving player in order to hit them.
The following user(s) like this: Ssswing`

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Alex.

Ideas and Suggestions for TO4 1 year 2 months ago #685

• MacFrog
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hi Alex,
the game will be deployed via Steam. Hence you will get the newest version automatically. In the server list you will find only server which version fits to the client version.
Regarding ping. This is not a TO problem. It depends on your internet connectivity and depends not your internet speed. ping time is package delay. So if you wants to play on a server in Europe your ping ping will be worse. Aks our tester from Brazil. If you play on a server in Australia or East Asia your ping becomes better.

Make my day

Ideas and Suggestions for TO4 1 year 2 months ago #687

• Alex
  • Alex's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
The ping is not a TO problem, but I meant that aiming in front of the enemy was a TO problem. Counter Strike had a better way of handling high pings by making calculations.

I think there used to be a mutator called "UnLag" for TO, and it worked similar to CS. However, people with low pings hated 'UnLag' because they would start getting owned by high pingers. :lol:

Last Edit: by Alex.

Ideas and Suggestions for TO4 1 year 1 month ago #695

UnLag mutators are terrible because it can create weird lag deaths where you can die when, on your screen you are already behind cover.

Last Edit: by -(V)(V)-.

Ideas and Suggestions for TO4 1 year 1 month ago #697

• Hardcode
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I really liked the idea behind the 'ZeroPing' server mutator for UT99, it was pretty awesome even tho it was kinda vulnerable. It was very useful to connect people around the world with basically zero ping (pure public server). Anyway antilag mutators and lag-compensation things were made back in the day when internet connection basically suck worldwide, nowadays is should not be really an issues (i talk about western countries ofc).

Ideas and Suggestions for TO4 1 year 1 month ago #698

• chr
We use Unreal Engines 4s netcode, you really cant compare it with UT99. Furthermore there is always a somekind of lag, but for me the game feels really solid and UE4 does a good Job.

Moderators: DarkSoeOj
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds
Don't have an account yet? Register Now!

Sign in to your account