Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ideas and Suggestions for TO4

Ideas and Suggestions for TO4 8 months 3 weeks ago #699

• Ssswing`
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Ssssssssssswing!
We have been working with a few american testers on our european servers from day 1 (of alpha testing), also the whole infrastructure globally has changed. It still impacts players playing each other from all over the place, but overall it has improved greatly from 'those days'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ideas and Suggestions for TO4 8 months 1 week ago #702

• Alex
  • Alex's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Rain effects, monsters and thermal goggles would be nice.

I always found the night vision in AoT to be quite useless and never used them... But thermal would be cool. Kinda like in MGS2.

https://camo.githubusercontent.com/8175db83dbdcfa7f766f5aab8e8149be717b9a6a/687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f704c464d7749482e706e673f31

It would be great if every map had random day time, and weather, if that's possible...

Ideas and Suggestions for TO4 8 months 1 week ago #704

• Ssswing`
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Ssssssssssswing!

Alex wrote: Rain effects, monsters and thermal goggles would be nice.

I always found the night vision in AoT to be quite useless and never used them... But thermal would be cool. Kinda like in MGS2.

https://camo.githubusercontent.com/8175db83dbdcfa7f766f5aab8e8149be717b9a6a/687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f704c464d7749482e706e673f31

It would be great if every map had random day time, and weather, if that's possible...

Oh it is possible, for years it has been possible. But not really wanted :) If I only have a look at Scope, how many times I changed the lighting in that map because of feedback from the alphatesters... insane. Why? Because lighting needs to be very balanced (shadows, contrast, etc). If you want a competitive game like we do, lighting is just an extra that could never have influence on the gameplay.

Perhaps we will have some sort of mutator / mod / modes in the game (much later on) where we can do this. Not sure, but for now it is a no-go

Ideas and Suggestions for TO4 8 months 3 days ago #706

• Alex
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
One thing that I also think was lacking in the original TO was animal life. For example, birds flying in the sky, bugs, butterflies, etc.

Ideas and Suggestions for TO4 7 months 4 weeks ago #707

Alex wrote: Rain effects, monsters and thermal goggles would be nice.

Monsters most useless. I never understand wheres is the fun.

Raineffects are als not required in competitive games. I agree that Nightvision was useless as fuck. But I wouldnt replace the nightvision idea with another useless gadget.

- god dyaN -

Ideas and Suggestions for TO4 7 months 4 weeks ago #708

• Alex
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Monsters most useless. I never understand wheres is the fun.

Raineffects are als not required in competitive games. I agree that Nightvision was useless as fuck. But I wouldnt replace the nightvision idea with another useless gadget.

I disagree, I think monsters was very fun when playing online as you can collab with other players. Also, rain effects bring out the atmosphere in a map which is also very important. Thermal vision would also be very useful as it would not only work in low light areas, but also areas in broad daylight where there's a lot of complexity.

Last Edit: by Alex.
Moderators: DarkSoeOj
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
Don't have an account yet? Register Now!

Sign in to your account