Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Date of Launch / lack of communication

Date of Launch / lack of communication 4 months 3 weeks ago #739

really confused, read that there would be a launch on Q1 2018 - no updates for ages?

its turning into "lack of communication" as seen by so many other games.

What date / quarter will it be ready?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Date of Launch / lack of communication 4 months 3 weeks ago #740

• Ssswing`
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Ssssssssssswing!
Hi Da-Mafia, lack of communication? You have read all our news-/devblogs we regularly post? In there we have clearly explained what our status is and what our goals are. No updates for ages? Ask that the 22 new alpha testers that played last night :)

Date of Launch / lack of communication 3 months 1 week ago #743

Hi there.

(A copy from my news comment... was not sure if that one would be read.)

If it were possible I woudl (still - offered it to some time back) like to do some code review for this project when ever I find the time.
I cant promise you results and I actually havent any exeriences in Uscript but I tell myself that I was quite a good developer back when I had to use the keyboard myself.
And if I find something that I am sure woudl be an improvement I would hand it back to you - for free (of course).
All it takes is a little trust in my secrecy and a read access to your code. If you have any interest - I beg you to contact me.

Best wishes
raZe

Date of Launch / lack of communication 2 months 3 weeks ago #746

No reaction...

Date of Launch / lack of communication 2 months 3 weeks ago #747

We communicate on discord mostly. I hardly never visit the forum since I am quite limited on time.
On your offer: We are currently doing 0 (active) code rewievs since we are only a few active devs who just push everything right away (after it was locally tested) because we are still implementing elements and do the real testing with players afterwards.
The problem is that to do code reviews you have to be familar with C++, Blueprint, UMG and the Engine API; UScript does not exist anymore.
Introducing code reviews are kinda overkill for our current state would rather slow us; we are quite fast with refactoring stuff also.
We are still in the process of itarative game development and will work like this until we reached our early access state which contains all essential features.
After that we will switch to scrum or something else for working on that base; at that point code reviews should be included, but we got no plan on that yet.
I think that we should more rely on automated tests rather than actual reviews tho.

Last Edit: by Th120.
  • Page:
Moderators: DarkSoeOj
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds
Don't have an account yet? Register Now!

Sign in to your account